Monday, July 23, 2007

testing the waters at etsy

I've decided to give etsy a try (here) - it's my first attempt of dealing outside of ebay, so we'll see how this pans out.

I realize that etsy has its advantages and disadvantages, like ebay. Etsy's great because it's an awesome place for crafters to sell, but then again few people know about it. Ebay's awesome because it gets a ton of traffic, but that's also it's downfall - when selling my handknits, I'm competing with people who sell similar items factory-made for a fraction of the cost.

I really got to learn how to start and run my own website! :P I'm reminded of that every time I get a bill for ebay - the fees are becoming much too high, and almost not worth it. But, I must admit, overall, it's been pretty good.

oh... and I must do this.... my ravelry update:
You are #16435 on the list.
9844 people are ahead of you in line.

1 comment:

mama k said...

Good luck on Etsy!

thanks for stopping by my blog. :)