Friday, January 21, 2011

barbie's new rags

 In order to destash, I've got these 'barbie' (dollar store version of the doll) dressed up in dresses that I've improvised. Debating whether to count this as 3 separate projects in my 52-project-thing, or one large project since they used so little yarn (10grams or less each). Nonetheless, a fun project to do, and yay for destashing!

Friday, January 14, 2011

2nd friday, 2nd project done

My goal to make 52 projects (ammended from goal: 52 pairs of mittens) in 52 weeks is in week two - with my second pair of mittens. Got the mirror beads on this pair too, which was fun. :) I love coming up with a kitchy design to decorate otherwise what may be boring mittens.

Friday, January 7, 2011

pair of mittens #1 finished, 51 pairs to go

Finished my first pair of the year: knit with Patons Classic Wool in leaf green, embroidered with some jade heather Patons Classic Wool & I added some boho type mirror beads that I bought off of etsy. These are a rather well modified version of a pattern I have, that should fit women's hands.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year 2011!

I've got a new goal for 2011: 52 projects completed within 52 weeks. Mainly to destash all the yarn that I have. I'm hoping to use up as much yarn out of my own stash to do this without having to buy any new stuff for a while.

I love knitting mittens, so I think that most of these projects might wind up being mittens. My favourite go-to pattern has been the #18 mitten pattern from Knit Simple Fall 2007, & I've a feeling this pattern is going to be used to death. It's a chart break down of 9 different sizes of mittens: dk, worsted & bulky for each men's, women's and kids.

I'm currently working on my first pair, which I hope to eventually gift to my MIL later this year for xmas, made from Paton's Classic Wool (my favourite yarn). Pictures will soon follow.