Monday, June 30, 2008

in celebration of Canada Day...

Here's my felted Canadian flag patch:

It measures approx 16.5cm (6.33") by 8.5cm (3.25") once felted. (Pictured is the knit version.)


Materials:

Patons Classic Wool in Winter White and Rich Red
5mm knitting needles, or 5.5mm crochet hook
(the ball band requires 4.5mm needles to knit this yarn, but with 5mm, it'll space it out a bit to allow more shringage during felting; for a thicker and bigger patch, knit using double strands and a 7mm knitting needle)


CO 17 sts (if knitting) or sc 17 (if crocheting)


Follow this chart from the bottom up, knitting the first row and purling the next - or if crocheting, sc every row:


You only need a little of each colour. I've machine felted my flag, but you can felt it your own way if you wish!

© 2008 by Sabrina Thompson - original design and pictures. Please do not sell pattern or materials made thereof, or copy my pictures. Pattern cannot be distributed for sale, or as a 'free pattern' promotional tool for selling yarn or knitting supplies. If posting Finished Items on personal blogs, please link back to this blog and pattern, thanks. :D

Sorry that the chart's not the best, but the best I could do is just photograph my flag from the graph paper I drew it on. I hope it's clear enough, if not, then please post in comments and I'll try to clear it up!

No comments: