This pattern is an extented version of my Urban Weave Wrist Warmers - designed to cover more of the arm rather than just your wrists. To save time, make both sleeves at the same time on long needles. Also, the basketweave cable wraps all around the glove in this pattern, as opposed to just being on top like the other pattern.
Size: adult (one size fits all)
Finished Measurements: (unstretched) 13.5” (34.75cm) long, 4” (10cm) wide laying flat
terms used in this pattern:
k - knit
k2tog - knit two together
BO - bind off
BO2tog - bind off two together
- 4 skeins Berella Whistler 100% merino wool in Denim Heather (50g/1.75oz, 65 yds/58m per skein)
- 1 cable needle
- US 10 (6mm) straight knitting needles
- crochet hook or needle to stitch up seams
Gauge: 15 sts, 20 rows with US10 (6mm) needle – 4” (10cm)
Pattern Notes: These are knit bottom to top, and flat to be sewn later. Make two at once to save time.
1) Cast on 48 stitches. Purl one row. (These were designed to fit my arms; I know that some may have thinner arms than I do, so casting on 42 sts instead of 48 may fit you better.)
2) Follow this woven pattern, over 8 rows:
Rows 1 & 5, knit.
Rows 2, 4, 6, & 8, purl.
Row 3: knit 3. *Put 3 stitches on cable needle in front. Knit next 3 stitches. Knit the 3 stitches on cable needle.* Repeat between *’s across. Knit last 3 stitches.
Row 7: *Put 3 stitches on cable needle behind. Knit next 3 stitches. Knit the 3 stitches on cable needle.* Repeat between *’s across.
3) Repeat step 2 seven more times. (There may be enough yarn, especially if you make the skinnier version, to repeat the woven pattern one more time if you wish to make the sleeves a little bit longer.)
4) Next row: *k8, k2tog* across to last 8 sts, k8.
5) Purl 1 row.
6) *Place 3 sts on cable needle. Twist so that 1st stitch becomes the third. (You may need to move the yarn behind to begin.) Knit across these three stitches.* Repeat across.
7) Purl 1 row.
8) Repeat steps 6 and 7.
9) *BO2tog, BO8* across to last 8. BO2tog, BO4.
When stitching up edges, fold in half vertically, with wrong sides facing out. From top, stitch up approx 1.5 inches. Tie a knot, leave about 1 to 1.5 inches for thumb, and then stitch along the rest of the seam. Turn wrist warmers right side out and block where necessary.
© 2008 by Sabrina Thompson - original design and pictures. Please do not sell pattern or materials made thereof, or copy my pictures. Pattern cannot be distributed for sale, or as a 'free pattern' promotional tool for selling yarn or knitting supplies. If posting Finished Items on personal blogs, please link back to this blog and pattern, thanks. :D