IMO, an 8" square dishcloth or bigger was always a bit too big for my own use, so I wanted to create a size a bit more comfortable. Plus, I can more comfortably make 2 or 3 dishcloths from 1 skein of yarn, since it's a smaller size.
needed: 1 pair 4.5mm knitting needles, 0.6oz/19grams red cotton
(I used Lily Sugar n Cream in 'red' - 3 dishcloths can be made with 1 skein with a bit left over)
finished size: 7" x 7", blocked, 6.5"x6.5" unblocked
CO 32 sts.
Make 4 rows of seed (or moss) stitch: Row 1 - K1, P1 across; Row 2 - Knit the purled sts, Purl the knit sts.
Follow the chart for the next 31 rows, by knitting the white squares and purling the red squares on RS, and purling the white squares and knitting the red squares on WS.
Continue the seed (or moss) stitch on 4 sts of both sides of the dishcloth.
Finish by making 4 more rows of seed stitch, and BO in pattern.
Monday, September 22, 2008
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
I've finally gotten around to changing the layout of my blog - I was tired of seeing the same thing over and over again, and considering it's been well over a year since its last change, it was due. So there, it's done.
I've also managed to finish another pair of knucks:
Again, knit with about 3/4's of a skein of Patons Kroy sock yarn in 'Burnished Sierra Stripes' - I picked it up because it looks Halloweeny. I've found some thicker yarn (different brand) that's a similar colourway, that I'll make some sort of hat from, but I'm waiting for it to arrive - I've ordered it from Europe off of ebay, so... maybe this week it'll get here? Anyway, nonetheless, these are done.
Naturally I changed the pattern again - for the life of me I can't figure out the cuff pattern (I think I'm just too dense to figure it out) so I left 42 sts around the cuff instead of doing the last decrease, and did a k3, p1 ribbing around, which fits really well. I think I need to invest in whatever the yarn is that's recommended for the pattern - Paton's Kroy, as much as I love using it, seems a teeny bit too thin to work with, and there's some slight stretching due to the tension being a wee bit thinner than what it should be.
Next time. Must remember for next time. Of course, it's what I thought last time, but forgot. :P
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Just finished this vest for the husband...
I knit it in the round, using 4.83 skeins of Bernat Alpaca Natural Blends in Ebony. The neck collar was a bit high, but he prefers a tighter neckline and liked it that way, despite my initially wanting to knit a deeper v-neck.
But, it's a good bulky vest for whenever he wants to wear it! :) Hopefully it'll get some good use, now that the weather's starting to cool off!