(squarish because it looks rectangle once done, but squares after blocking)
dc - double crochet
ch - chain
Yarn: any dishcloth-cotton worthy yarn, preferably variegated or ombred for kicks
Finished Measurements: 8" x 8"
Tension: 20sts = 4" (10cm) in stockinette stitch
1) Ch 32 sts. Turn.
2) 1 dc in second ch, dc across in each ch. (31sts) Turn.
3) Ch 1, 1 dc in each of the first 3 sts, *ch1 skipping over 1 dc, 1 dc in the next dc* across to last 4 sts, ch1, 3 dc. Turn.
4) Ch1, 1 dc in each of the first 2 sts, *ch1 skipping over 1 dc, 1 dc in the next ch* across to the last 2 sts, ch 1, 2 dc. Turn.
5) Repeat steps 3 and 4 until entire piece is 7.75 inches long. Every dc will be done in the previous row's ch through the center of the dishcloth. End with a row 3. Turn.
6) Ch1, dc across last row to finish.
© 2008 by Sabrina Thompson - original design and pictures. Please do not sell pattern or materials made thereof, or copy my pictures. Pattern cannot be distributed for sale, or as a 'free pattern' promotional tool for selling yarn or knitting supplies. If posting Finished Items on personal blogs, please link back to this blog and pattern, thanks. :D