Thursday, July 19, 2007

if you don't know what to blog today, blog this

I'm in a bit of a blogging rut, I've no idea what to post, and yet I'm urged to compose something - so here it is. A 'Ten Things Few Know About Me' list. If you're reading my blog and this entry right now, you've been tagged to contribute the same list to your blog. Go on. You know you want to. Don't make me come over there.

Ten Things Few Know About Me:
1. My favourite holiday is Halloween. For no reason. I don't dress up or anything, or I rarely do, but I still love carving pumpkins, scaring kids who come to my door, and decorating with cobwebs. Oh, and serving food with fake severed fingers.
2. I was raised speaking French as a second language. Actually, I didn't learn to speak English until I started kindergarden - people outside of my parents in the family were worried that I wouldn't pick it up.
3. I've wanted to publish a book entirely unto myself since I was 7.
4. I had a crush on a teacher when I was in highschool. It lasted for a very short while, until I found out he was a sexist skeeze. But he was pretty hot nonetheless.
5. I love hardcover books. I don't know why. They're just awesome. I feel smarter when surrounded with lots of nice, hardcover books.
6. As a kid, up until I started highschool, I absolutely loathed wearing dresses. I dispised anything that made me look 'girly'.
7. I've read the Bible from cover to cover. I actually sat down and spent time every evening reading it from beginning to end. Don't ask me why.
8. I like collecting weird items like skeleton keys, and then displaying my oddities as home decor.
9. Blood and guts gross me out on tv and in movies, even though I know it's fake, but I'm completely addicted to watching the CSI shows.
10. Since childhood, I've wanted to have a farm. Not the raise-animals-for-slaughter type of farm, but one with animals on it nonetheless. Since I got into knitting, I still think it'd be cool to have a vegetable farm, plus raise some sheep and llamas to cultivate a 'yarn farm' of sorts.

No comments: