Friday, September 7, 2007

mmm... pizza....

This is what happens when mindless hands, excessive acrylic yarn, and crochet hooks do when they come together:
I finally broke into the 4000 mark on the ravely waiting list:
You signed up on July 14, 2007
You are #16435 on the list.
4961 people are ahead of you in line.
14862 people are behind you in line.
36% of the list has been invited so far
I'm not sure what else to write about today. I've begun knitting my first pair of socks for christmas, my goal is to have at least 3 pairs done between now and the end of november to send to my parents and grandmother. Kind of make a dent in the box of sock yarn I have. Realistically, it may not get done, but who knows.
My kitchen renovations are practically done. The breakfast bar has to be finished, and the walls painted, some minor electrical work has to be completed, but otherwise, we're set. Cosidering that we've been doing this since April, I'm thankful of where we are right now.
Dealing with DirectBuy has not been easy - I know I haven't vented about this in my blog but it's just a whole messy ball of wax that I don't feel like getting into on here. Let's just say that it's gotten to the point where we've had to contact their head office and in the process of dealing with the Better Business Bureau. Oh, and we've currently had to go out of pocket $600 via DirectBuy due to their being absolutely impossible, and another $200 shopping @ Home Depot and Ikea to finish the last bits of the kitchen that should've been taken care of by DirectBuy. It's just madness. But I digress.
I'm looking forward to a weekend of vegging at home - yay!

No comments: