Wednesday, January 7, 2009

show a little love

I am infatuated with scarves. I always have been.

That's why, since I restarted knitting and crocheting, that scarves have been the item that I've made the most often. In my book, the longer the scarf, the plusher the fabric, the funkier the design or colour, the better.

That's why I love winter - the best season to wear those big warm knit scarves!

Next week, friends of my parents' are getting married, and I thought, Why not knit a great scarf that I can wear to their wedding? And, what better yarn is there to use than some Malabrigo?!?

I bought one single skein at the creativfestival last October in TO, and I've finally gotten around to knitting it up. Should've taken me less than two days, but since I found it a bit wide, and had I finished it at that width it would've been a bit short, I frogged it and made it about an inch thinner. Frustrating to have to frog knits, but it looks much better now.

I can't wait until it's done so I can wear it out!

No comments: