Friday, August 3, 2007

WIP mittens, kleenex, bathrooms... just Friday nonsense, is what it is!

Today's blog post theme is 'post for the sake of posting' - so bear with me.

First and foremost, I wanted to brag a bit of my minor contribution to the world of interior decorating. This little shelve-bamboo-Ikea-picture-of-water-dripping thing is set up in my bathroom. The ceramic duck is something that my mother ceramicked (yes, I know that's grammatically incorect, so what!) ages ago and I found in the garage. The apple scented Lysol room spray is there for... well... you know...
I was a bit inspired by watching From The Ground Up, and the fact that we're in the midst of renovating the kitchen, to touch up other areas in the house too. Adding this shelf to the bathroom not only makes the room esthetically nicer, but it's a handy extra shelf for things like the spray and toilet paper and such.

Secondly, I found these Kleenex boxes a while ago whilst grocery shopping:

I just thought they were kinda campy because the print on them is different strands of yarn, and as it happens, in two of my favourite colours (green and blue). So there. These get filed under my "knitter's kitch" file.

Thirdly, this is what creating-a-pattern-for-mittens-from-scratch-&-scraps looks like:

Back just before I left working for Lewiscraft (over 2 years ago) I stocked up on some different kinds of Shetland Chunky in these five colours as pictured. The full skeins were in my stock for a while, and one day I got around to knitting 5 different cabled toques, using a Stitch n Bitch pattern. I had partial skeins - and being the pack rat that I am, I didn't want to throw these out, that being a waste of yarn in my book.

So, the goal this weekend is to create a pattern for mittens that look rather ecclectic. Hopefully a post of how the finished product looks like will appear during next week's posts!


No comments: