Thursday, August 9, 2007

skinny boho seed scarf + a completed unbiased bag


I (still) have some leftover Patons Shetland Chunky, so some of it went to knitting this scarf.

Pattern: cast on 164 stitches on 6.5mm needles, then K1, P1 across. Row two: K the purled stitches, P the knit stitches to make the seed stitch pattern. Repeat row two throughout.

I had 5 different marl colours, so I stitched two rows of each colour.

To cast off and make fringe: Knit first three stitches. Bind off all but last three stitches.

Tie a knot at the end to end scarf. Drop the first and last 3 stitches, which makes the loops.

This scarf is a bit over 3 feet long, and at least 2 inches wide.


I also (finally) completed the unbiased bag from knitty.com - not as deep as what I thought it would be, but still turned out pretty good nonetheless.












No comments: