Wednesday, April 2, 2008

abandoned, recreated

The double knit argyle scarf from the other day has - once again - been frogged. And abandoned.

I was a bit disappointed at the width of the scarf. Even though I'm using yarn that's practically the same tension, the scarf itself was turning out to be almost 2 inches wider (nearly 9 inches) than what the pattern says the original was (7 inches). That was cleary much too wide, hence the froggation.

But, I still have all that Bernat Wool Blend to work with - and I lurve double knitting, despite it being a bit of a bitch to have to fix mistakes. So, I've decided to create a new double knit scarf pattern, this one being an actual 7 inches wide. My goal is to be able to submit it to knitty or some similar publication to get a bit of dough for it.

On another note: youth group reunion plans. Once upon a time, when I was in highschool, I joined an already-established youth group at the church behind my home. Not that I was particularily religious, but it was a cool place to hang out with people my own age. Anyhoo, it disbanded over 10 years ago and a few of us still keep contact.

There's been talk over the last 2 or 3 years about having a reunion, but plans kept falling through - so, I decided to get the ball rolling and host a reunion this summer, hopefully in July. I just sent out an open invitation to the few that I've kept contact with via facebook - and I hope that the word peters through to more former members so we can have a good get together. I'll keep it blog-posted as the months progress.

No comments: