Nothing knit or crochet to post today. I shall, though, post my favourite autumn-holiday recipe - Pumpkin Cheesecake. (very easy, for those of us who are not very kitchen-savvy!) What's awesome about this recipe is that you're making 3 pies at a time. I always had at least 2 Thanksgivings, one at my parents', and one at my inlaw's. Having a pie for each was great, and a third left over to give to a neighbor or friend as a hoiday gift!
What you need:
- 3 ready-made gingerbread or shortbread pie crusts
- 2 bricks plain cream cheese (regular or light)
- 1 can pumpkin pie filling, enough for 1 pie
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tblsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp real vanilla, or 2 tsp artificial vanilla
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. In a bowl, using an electic mixer, soften cream cheese with vanilla. Mix in spices, pumpkin pie filling, brown sugar and eggs with beater until even. Divide evenly between the three pie crusts. Bake for about 25-30 minutes, until center filling is cooked and solid. Let cool for about 10 minutes before serving.