Wednesday, April 4, 2007

a scarf for my husband


This is not only the first item I ever made for my husband (knit/crochet-wise) but also the first item that I've put in any sort of pattern into it.
I was inspired by a sweater with flames on it that was published in the Stitch n Bitch book, which was designed for a guy... the whole car/flames thing, but my husband wouldn't've worn it, despite if I had put the effort into making it or making him wear it.
So, the flame pattern was adjusted a bit, and instead of knit, it got crocheted ~ soleley because I had, at the time, an easier time to change colours with crochet than knit.
Despite it being acrylic (knit with Patons Canadiana) it's warm, largely due to the thick texture that crochet gives, and the fact that the scarf is wide (about 5 or 6 inches).

No comments: